Master Control Operator
WADL is seeking a highly detail oriented Master Control Operator for a full time position. The Full-time shift will be from 11 pm to 7 am.
The Master Control Operator (MCO) is responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of our on-air products by continuously monitoring, overseeing, and maintaining WADL programming throughout the week (includes weekends and holidays).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Encode programming for airing on WADL
- Regularly Monitor programming and advertising on WADL
- Receive and Schedule syndicated programming for WADL
- Ensures transmission meets WADL quality standards
- Ensures the high quality airing of commercials with high run rates and minimized down time
- Prepares programming for future playback
- Switches on/off live events
- Controls audio equipment to regulate the volume and sound quality during television broadcasts
- Observes monitors and converses with station personnel to determine audio and video levels and to verify that programs/commercials are airing properly
- Preview scheduled programs to ensure that signals are functioning and programs are ready for transmission
- Reports equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
- Communicates regularly with Sales and Traffic to make sure content is received and aired
- Completes appropriate paperwork functions as required
- Logs daily discrepancies and verifies all commercial inventory, taped events, and aired live events
- Identifies and works to prevent, to the extent possible, problems and roadblocks
- Completes routine work without instructions; show initiative to improve processes and products
- Demonstrates high ethical standards, strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment, show respect for others, acknowledge and build on others ideas, and support group decisions
- Replies to requests or issues internally and externally in a timely manner using the appropriate means of communication.
- May perform additional duties not pertaining to Master Control as required or assigned
- Strong computer skills, self-motivation and good attendance are essential
- SBE Television Operators Certification preferred but not required
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Trade school training helpful. Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems a plus.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot computers preferred; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of modern operating systems, networks protocols
- Ability to professionally interact with customers and co-workers; strong verbal communication skills
- Must be reliable and motivated to fulfill obligations; ability to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to analyze situations and use logic to address issues; careful attention to details required
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as a part of a regular schedule and/or dictated by business needs
- Strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment required
How to apply:
E-mail cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please – no phone calls. Phone calls will not be considered or returned.